November 05, 2008

What in the world!!!!

So basically the title for this blog has absolutely nothing to do with what will most likely be written in here. When you come to this world class award winning blog site, you read something that isn't pre-meditated at all. You might be thinking to yourself, "Oh no, it can't be, he must put time into this." Ya, not at all. I turn the computer on and just blab on and on and on.

So lets take a minute to evaluate the last few days....First off, it's November the 5th which means two things.....

#1-Ever seen the movie "V For Vendetta?" If you haven't, you should. It might possibly be one of the greatest movies around. The movie takes place in the near future over in England. Just a few minutes into the movie you realize that this isn't going to be your average movie. You know the guys that did the Matrix movies? They did this movie also and it's based on one of those graphic novel comic book thingys. As you can tell, I don't know what those really are. The character "V" is a man in a mask that has a vision of revolution. In the first few minutes of the movie there is a speech...not just any speech, but a speech about today, the Fifth of November.

"Remember remember, the fifth of November. The Gun Powder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gun Powder treason should ever be forgot...."

I love that speech, and the dialogue that is in the movie. So if you want to know the rest of the speech, see the movie! The other speech given by the character "V" takes place maybe 5 minutes into it. He gives it right after he saves the character "Eve", played by Natalie Portman. This speech he gives stands out from anything you will ever see in a movie. Why? Well, the words he uses in this speech, which goes on for about 2 minutes, all start with 'V.' Go see it, you'll love it.

#2-Yesterday was election day. As we all know by now, President Elect Obama won by a HUGE amount. And well, I'm not going to comment on my feelings about this election and there are a few reasons why. First off, I didn't vote this time around. And by not voting, I don't feel that I have the right to complain about what has happened. If I had voted, then I would have more of a right to complain or voice my opinion about yesterdays history making events. The other reason is, well, um, I'm just sick and tired of hearing everyone else talk about it and I don't want to add to it. What happens, happens, it's life! And just think about this, if you hate Obama or think the "World is now going to hell in a hand basket" because of this election, then start praying for this whole citizenship issue to play out and prove he isn't a citizen. If you don't know about this whole issue, go to "factcheck.org" and search it up. There's basically a lawsuit out against President Obama claiming that he isn't even a U.S. Citizen.

Next topic! Thanksgiving is right around the corner y'all. What are every one's plans??? I think our family will be hanging out up here in "Happy Valley", and I have heard a lot of you are going to be in St. George with grandpa. No matter the place, it will be fun for us all.
Next thing coming up.....BETH IS COMING HOME SOON!! I think Aunt Linda said 29 more days. It's crazy to think she is almost home. I find myself remembering my mission and thinking where I was this time last year and it's actually pretty crazy to think of where I was then and where I'm at now and how long ago that seems to be. I'm excited for Beth's homecoming as I am sure all of you are.

And the next topic! (My personal favorite) I had pretty dang good surprise this past weekend!! Let me give you a little info on it. ;)
Her name is Deserae, and a few of you have heard about her. Her and I have known each other for about 2 years. She started writing me on my mission and we've been talking ever since then. She was up here a few weekends ago where we met each other in person for the first time and we had a terrific day together. Then this past week, with the help of my roommate and her best friend, she drove up from Vegas where she lives and surprised me! As she and all my roommates who were in on it can say, I was shocked! We had a great time together. A couple of you know that we have a secretive date planned in a few weeks and I'm sorry I can't go into more detail for y'all about what it is, but she might read this and that would ruin the surprise. So, if you want details, call me and I'll tell you. Once I can figure out how to put pictures up on here, I will. And there will be a ton of pictures of everything from this past weekend to the summer fishing trip, and maybe even a talking Llama. Desi and I bowling last Saturday. Saying goodbye on Sunday when she had to head home to Vegas.

2 comments:

The Addingtons said...

SOO glad you have a blog. We can keep up with you now....busy guy! Looks like you're having fun!

Unknown said...

Hey good job and great pictures. when we come up this weekend you will have to show us more about the Muir clan blog. We are looking forward to this weekend!