February 13, 2014

Doctor Doctor Tell Me Some News.

No I am NOT PREGNANT...
Just wanted to say that first.

Went to the GYNO today to get my "yearly" check (I am so bad I haven't been since right before I got pregnant with Paisley). I have a new doctor and I absolutely love him. He is awesome!!!! I was talking to him about trying to get pregnant and just telling him that we aren't really having any luck.

(Back story history)
After I found out I was pregnant with Paisley I soon found out that I had ovarian cyst. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was sitting in the Target parking lot and I called my doctor because I was having the worst pain you can imagine in my lower pelvic region. The doctor told me to go to the emergency room and get an ultrasound STAT. I had no idea what STAT meant so I started to freak out.  Also, this was the night we were going to tell my parents that they were going to be grandparents. I was a mess I went home sobbing took a bath and waited for Ryan to come home. I tried to pull myself together before my parents got there because I didn't want them to know what was going on until we knew what was happening. Well, that didn't last long I started balling and went back upstairs and while I was up there Ryan told my parents what was going on. Ryan and I went to the emergency room to get the ultrasound. omg that was horrible. I totally thought I was having a miscarriage because the ultrasound tech was so quiet and I remember her leaving the room and then someone else came back in and looked at me and then the doctor came in and told me I had ovarian cysts. He said that it shouldn't be anything to worry about and that they should just go away all on their own. Looking back at some of my old posts I had written about having that pain throughout my whole pregnancy.... fast forward to today I am still having those pains. Some days I don't feel it at all and then other days it is so painful. I think the best way to describe it is a stingray stabbing its stinger in you and shocking you.

I gave my doctor my history and he said have you heard of PCOS and I was like ya. He started to ask me some more questions and after my exam he said, " well I can't confirm it now but it sounds like you do have PCOS. Surprisingly I handled that pretty well, not sure if its because I played doctor and did some research on my symptoms and kinda already knew that was a possibility. He said I will need to do an ultrasound and some blood work to confirm it. In the next couple of weeks (trying to switch insurances so i can stop paying cash) I will go get a ultrasound and figure it all out.. There are other factors that make Ryan and I having a baby a little more difficult but Im not going to get into that. Next month the doctor is going to put me on some medication to help regulate my cycle which should make me ovulate when I should.

I am so happy that I found a doctor that I am comfortable with. I know I will get pregnant, I just hope it is sooner than later.

No comments: