December 15, 2008

A Day We Will Always Remember

Let's start with a little info on the planning behind this day....
About a month ago, Desi and I were in Murray at a ring store looking to see what we could find. If you've ever gone into a ring store, and most of you have, you know that there are a lot of choices there! Desi started to look at the rings in the first case which was by Jeff Cooper Designs. The second ring that she found was amazing, and was the one that really caught her eye. It looked so good and we got it out of the case to hold onto as we went across the rest of the store. Let me just say that nothing compared to this ring! Everything else that we saw looked good, but was basically pathetic compared to this Jeff Cooper design. So we both agreed on this ring and decided to start looking at diamonds to put into it. Just watching Desi was confirmation enough that this was the ring that we had to get. Let me tell you, this ring did something to Desi....everytime she saw it, she would get lost in it and couldn't keep her eyes off of it. I knew that this was the ring that I needed to get. We left the store and went on with our day.
As the next couple of weeks went on, Desi and I went to a few rings stores by ourselves to see what we could find and then a few when we were together at Thanksgiving. Choices, choices, choices!!! While talking to Desi everyday after she went to different stores in Vegas, she started to find a few rings that she liked. Then the day came when she went inside T-Bird Jewels and saw the Jeff Cooper ring she fell in love with in Utah. Little did she know, I had just emailed the store to get some information about the ring. Well, I had plans! I had been talking to her mom planning a time to meet her dad and go into Vegas to buy the ring. I drove down after school on Friday, meet her dad and spent some time with her parents that evening and then woke up Saturday morning, bought the ring, and went right back to Provo. And the great part about this whole thing is that Desi thought I was working overtime for a little extra cash. When Monday rolled around, I dropped off the ring to get sized and to also have the diamond I bought placed in it and have it ready by Friday.
As a few of you know, I had gone through plan after plan trying to think of how to propose to the girl that I am going to spend my life with. With the help of my parents, the idea was finalized to propose at Apple Hill California where we were going to be Friday night.
If none of you have been before, you should go. It's a great place to visit. Apple Hill is an area in the California foothills of the Sierra Nevada's where there are acres upon acres of apple farms. Each farm has it's own barn and shops and what not but there was one farm that had the perfect location where I wanted to ask.


We get to High Hill Ranch and start to walk around the pond that they have there and make our way over to the picnic tables on the edge of the hill that has a great view. While being extremely nervous and unbelievably excited all at the same time, we started to talk and look through pictures on one of the benches. When the moment came, I pulled the box out of my back pocket and made my way to one knee. Looked up at Desi and asked her if she would marry me. Before she took off the bow that was tied to the box to look at the ring, she started to cry a little and said Yes!!!! I placed the Jeff Cooper ring that she loved from the start on her hand and held the one that I love. It was an amazing moment and it couldn't have gone more perfectly.
I love you Desi Keep your Calendars Open for July 31, 2009 and August 1, 2009!!


You can thank my mom and sister for the pictures. They snuck around the farm, behind trees and peeked through fences to take these, thank you!

No comments: