January 03, 2012

New Years 2012


Wow! I cannot believe how fast this past year has just come and gone. Onto 2012....
My New Years resolution is to be 99.9% cloth diapering by the end of January. I have been using both cloth and disposable diapers and I must say I much rather prefer cloth diapers. Disposable diapers have been nothing but problems for us. Number one reason why I hate them so much is because Paisley is always getting diaper rashes. I noticed when she is in her cloth diapers it never happens, so this is my main reason for going the cloth route. The reason why I have it 99.9% and not 100% is if I have a babysitter that isn't comfortable using the cloth the disposable will be there for her to use.

My next New Years resolution is to run a 5K and a 10K. I have been saying for many years now that I am going to do it and I never do, so Next week I am going to be signing up for a 5K in March. I figure if I actually sign up and pay the money I will do it.

Also, I would like to get back in shape just like everyone else. This is the time of year where I hate going to the gym. Everyone is wanting to do the same the same thing with losing weight that the gyms are packed. It starts to die down around March, so in the mean time I will be going either really late or working out at home.

Last but not least I want to become more organized. I don't consider myself a hoarder but I do have a hard time getting rid of things that have memories behind them. (Just like wedding cards that I haven't read since I got married that now collect dust buried in some box in some room in the house. But I'm not throwing them away!) <-- Ryan wrote that and I completely disagree with him, we will NOT be getting rid of the cards.

2 comments:

Allyson said...

I just have to tell you that your little girl is so cute!! I love the pictures you have had done of her by Korindi!
And you can definitely run a 5k and 10k! I did 2 5k's and 2 10k's last year and I am not a runner! I would say that even if you aren't in the shape you want to be. Sign up and do a 5k anyway.There are always people who walk the whole thing so you won't have to worry about being last(that is what I am always worried about). I am so slow but I always finish!
Good luck on your New Years goals!

Desi said...

Ahhh thanks Allyson. I try to look at your blog but I think you moved it to private :( add me lol