April 02, 2012

Autism Awareness Month

I have been so blessed to work with such amazing kids. 
If you don't know, I have been working with children diagnosed with Autism for the past seven years. I love my job! These children are so smart and they have taught me so much. I am currently home schooling a little boy that use to go to the old school I taught at. He is Amazing! He loves to recreate scenes from movies with clay and pipe cleaners and here are some of the things he has made. No joke, he whips these up in seconds, it is fascinating to watch him create these things. 
Today when I went back to work he actually finished this and the one i thought was the turtle is Dori and the one I though was Dori is the purple and yellow fish (I don't know its name)
He made this after his third skateboarding class.

* Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life
`Unknown Author

Ain't that the truth :)

My Buddies

My First Love
Still to this day he called me "friend Desi" :)
Getting ready for our water balloon party
One of the happiest boys I know!
 Taught me sign language :)
 Chillin in the hyperbaric oxygen chamber 
<3 him. He would ask me everyday when I was going to have my baby. Needless to say, he was excited when I finally did. 

I seriously can't even begin to express how much I love these kids. They all have a special place in my heart.

No comments: