February 19, 2012

How Do You Teach A Baby To Crawl???

When it comes to babies I really have no idea what I am doing.

Are you suppose to teach a baby to crawl or do they just magically do it? Am I suppose to get on all fours and hope she does what I do? I have been putting things in front of her just enough away that she can't reach it, hoping that she will crawl. I have also tried pushing against her feet and that failed too.

Paisley number one way of getting where she wants to be is rolling. I know she is in the stage where she should be learning how to crawl but for some reason I feel like she will either just crawl for a little bit and then start to walk or skip crawling all together and just start walking. For the past few weeks she has been standing with little support. She LOVES to stand... My friend Lindsi gave Paisley a toy that helps babies walk. Paisley loves this thing, we play with it everyday. Today she stood for about 3-5 minutes until she got really excited and fell forward, she wasn't too excited after that.

Because I worry about everything I noticed that she stands on the heels of her feet, she also rolls them out. Is that bad? I figured she is just finding her way of balancing but what do I know. The only reason why I bring this up is because on Teen Mom 2 (Yes, I watch that show) one of Leahs' twins stands like that and she wears leg braces. I know you all probably think I am crazy but I am just wondering because like I said at the beginning of this post I know nothing about babies (I have always been around kids 2+). I should probably read my baby books more often, maybe then I could answer my own questions.
Thanks for the lion Lindsi!
I am going to laugh if she starts to crawl next week.

2 comments:

Kris said...

You are so funny. She will pick it up on her own. Wouldn't be worried at all. Some crawl for a while and others don't, but she will in her own time without you having to do anything.

By: Desi Muir said...

lol I know I'm crazy . I have just always felt that her ankles have looked weird since she was born. I even asked her doctor if they looked normal at her 2 month check up and he said yes. And after seeing more "newborns" I realized they were all the same. lol like I said I'm not use to newborns haha